Saturday, September 30, 2006

2913 Log-in requirements

If there's anything that leaves me cold at a good blog, it is the log-in or registration requirements. Yes, I know, you could say blogger.com requires it, but at least most people using blogspot allow anonymous comments. The most recent aggrevation was Article VI Blog. They had some good ideas on the Mitt Romney candidacy (theme of the blog is politics, religion and the constitution). However, you can't comment if you're not registered; in fact, you can't even send a general thought to the site owner if you don't have a log-in. I would have e-mailed the guy that he had a nice site. I can't remember a zillion passwords (already have 10 or 12 + 3 e-mail addresses). I checked the site's forum and I think they had 29 people registered. Need to open a few windows before they get stale. It's a good site, but way too restrictive and I probably won't return. On the Thursday Thirteen meme days, I'm down to visiting blogspot folks unless I know ahead that I won't have to jump through hoops to comment. And using Mr. Linky just means registering twice, so I avoid that too.

1 comment:

Lowell Brown said...

Hi, Norma, I'm one of the authors of Article 6 Blog. I'm sorry you found it frustrating. We turned off comments because we had quite a number of inappropriate messages posted, and simply stopping seemed be the best way to deal with that.

We will make it easier to send us an e-mail. Right now we have a "questions" button, and that's the way to send us an e-mail. It's not terribly clear, however. Please come back and e-mail us:

http://www.article6blog.com

Thanks--

Lowell Brown