Saturday, September 02, 2006

2814 You are invited to my other blogs

Who would write eight blogs? Me. You are invited to visit the others. Usually, the entries are shorter and less frequent.

Church of the Acronym is about my faith and my church, UALC in Columbus Ohio and other religious things. This link is about our trip to Columbus, IN for an architectural tour. This was my second blog, so it's coming up on its second blogiversary. The emblem at the top is called a Luther Rose, and depending on your screen, some views are better than others.

So then I decided it would be fun to have a blog about my hobby, collecting first issues of journals and magazines, In the Beginning. Here's what I wrote about the first issue of Wired.

I was seeing so much crazy research on obesity related health problems I decided to start blogging about it, at Hugging and Chalking. Here's one I did about immigrants picking up our eating habits.

Because I go out for coffee every day and overhear conversations or talk to total strangers, I started a special blog called Coffee Spills. Yesterday I had to drive 5 miles to a McDonald's I used to visit often. It had been remodeled and the whole routine had changed, but all the old crowd was there. Here's a poem written at a Caribou, one of my favorite places for coffee.

Ordinary Time is a group blog about walking. All the bloggers are ladies, and several seem to be ministers or wannabees. Not sure why I was invited, but it helped me with my walking plan to get in shape before we went to Europe.

In November 2005 I wrote a one month blog, Memory Patterns, about sewing based on my old patterns and memories. It was so much fun. I wasn't a very good seamstress but my Mom and one of my sisters were. Lots of old photos and old patterns on this one. Here's one about a baby quilt made by my mother. This blog gets about 10-15 visitors a week, usually people looking for a specific pattern.

My most recent blog effort is Illegals Today. I didn't activate comments to discourage weirdos from positing, and I try to pull up and post some interesting research. Much of it is a critique of a college textbook on immigration, most of which is pretty anti-American and anti-western culture. But even the poor chapters were interesting. This post was about how Mexico treats its illegal immigrants. Only democracies have this debate. Totalitarian and marxist countries just jail or shoot them.

So there it is. All my other blogs.

No comments: