Wednesday, September 27, 2006

2903 Coming soon at this blog

Tomorrow for Thursday Thirteen I'm going to list my 13 food triggers. These are the tasty morsels, memories or events that make you want to eat more. I've sent the list to my sister so that when we visit in October, she will have nothing delicious or yummy in the house.

As far as I'm concerned, all the diet advice is wrong or at least misleading. What actually works is so boring no one would read it so it is rarely published. Except here. As I've said many times, here and to your face, losing weight isn't rocket science (unless you have a malfunctioning endocrine system, then it's a bigger challenge). Think ELMM. Say it. Sing it. "Eat less, move more."

Last year about this time I noted that winter is on the way, the season we Midwesterners plump up from lack of light and becoming couch potatoes. We put on fat layers like we were bears ready for hibernation. I was doing pretty good in 2005--lost 5 of the 20 lbs and then I visited my sister in October. It's not that we ate so much--oh, we went out a few times--but it is cozy, comfortable and chatty to be with her. That's the death knell for for changing bad habits into good. It requires peanut butter on toast, or something sprinkled with cheese. That brings on the "Oh, well" attitude. But I don't want to get ahead of tomorrow's Thursday Thirteen. Stay tuned.

No comments: