Saturday, September 16, 2006

2874 Limosines, laundry and lofts

From time to time at this or that blog, I've written about college laundry, college dorm rooms, and the 1950 Packard my sister and I drove to Indiana when we were in college. But we couldn't imagine college life like this--actually I can't believe it now!

DePaul University in Chicago: "Known as Loft-Right, the mod-looking structure has all the amenities: expansive city views, granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms, modern designer furniture and satellite TV hookups. The lobby lounge - like something out of a hip hotel - has a pool table and fireplace, and soon will have a Starbucks and tanning and hair salons next door.

Living at a place like this isn't cheap.

Students at Loft-Right each pay more than $1,000 a month for a private bedroom in a two- or four-bedroom unit, with bathrooms shared by no more than two people."

Whole story at "College dorms go upscale" By Martha Irvine

HT Kept up librarian

1 comment:

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Almost unbelievable, right? I loved the parental comment (I read the same article, I think) about the kids staying home and letting the parents move in.