Friday, September 29, 2006

2907 Friday Family Photo

This old photo is new to me. We just got it last week while visiting my husband's family in California.



It was taken July 4, 1953 at Lake Webster, Indiana, where my husband's grandfather and aunts owned a summer cottage together. Although he rarely saw his father, the aunties made sure my husband and his sister were included in everything and they have many happy memories of summer vacations at the lake with aunts and uncles and cousins. This photo includes my husband's sister Jean (in the swim cap), his cousin Darlene, his cousin Janie Kay (daughter of cousin Alberta) sitting on his knee, and a friend Katherine Ring.

Last summer we ran into some residents of Lake Webster while we were at Lakeside. I believe they told me that it is no longer a vacation destination, but primarily an area of permanent homes.




No comments: