Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Our anniversary (46th) is next week, so here's a list of wedding gifts I still use.



1) Cookbooks from my mother
2) 6 pc kitchen tools by Ekco (still have 4 pieces)
3) Electric hand mixer (sometimes a bit sluggish, but still does the job)
4) Silverplate flatware, 8 place settings
5) Set of 8 orange glasses, now faded to pink, still have 7
6) White linen tablecloth, used most holidays
7) 3 bowl set of pyrex, with lids
8) kitchen knife set, one piece missing
9) Purple pitcher (art glass)
10) Set of 8 wooden coasters (still have 7)
11) 2 glass coasters with silver plate rims
12) silverplate dish engraved with our names
13) Set of 8 glass dessert dishes, still have 5

Oh yes, and we still have the two childhood friends, JoElla and Tom, who stood up with us.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Leave a comment and I'll add your name and URL.

Visitors and visited:

MommyBa, Tinkerbell, Friday’s Child, Cindy, Jstar, Wacky Mommy, Merry Rose, Caylynn, Carmen, Aginoth, Ocean Lady, TNchick, Chaotic Mom, Ladybug, Dane, Courtney, Ma, Ghost, Diane, Chelle Y, Jersey Girl, Frog Legs, Titanium, Tracie, Jen, Sandy, Bonita,

23 comments:

DigiscrapMom said...

A brilliant list!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary next week! Nice list, you must be very careful with your stuff. It's wonderful the friendship still lasts!
My TT is about birthday facts this week.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary! :) That's amazing that you still have, and use all of those gifts. :) Wonderful!

Carmen said...

what a beautiful picture! happy anniversary

Aginoth said...

happy Anniversary, that really is great to still be using all those things.

my TT is up

Cindy Swanson said...

What a good idea for a list! I'll have to take stock of the wedding gifts I still have. One that stands out is my Betty Crocker cookbook...I still use that one frequently!

Chaotic Mom said...

WOW! I can't even remember thirteen things I received for our wedding. Will have to look back on the list now. ;)

Ladybug Crossing said...

Happy Anniversary!
Your list is soo neat! I still have and use many of our wedding presents. The glasses - wow! That's impressive! We break ours so fast!!!
I still have the china from my Gram and the silver from my parents and some serving dishes that I use all the time. I have a trivet from my shower that hangs on my kitchen wall. We've been married almost 17 years.

-tnchick- said...

Wow, how cool is that! I just celebrated my 13th anniversary about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea what happen to the friend we had that were in our wedding. Kinda sad, isn't it?

Dane Bramage said...

Grat list Norma! My T13 #10 is up. It is my Favorite Games Edition!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look so gorgeous in your gown! Those are some nice presents that you got. The purple pitcher sounds so pretty!

Happy Anniversary Norma! :)

Anonymous said...

If you see Patchwork Anahata that is me *Ocean Lady*. PA is my alias for blogger. Ocean Lady is on the wordpress one. ;)

Courtney said...

Wow, how wonderful that you are still making use of so many things for so long. (including your hubby too! lol) And the friendships too...that's just awesome.

Courtney said...

Oh! And Happy Anniversary too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. And what a great TT list. I have alot of things that I've had forever too, unfortunately I had to leave them back in Hawaii. My youngest daughter has them now. Maybe one day I'll be reunited with them.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Melzie said...

Happy early annivesary! :) I love that you still have/use wedding gifts! We have some as well, and I wonder if we'll have any later on... we didn't get a lot- as we were both older, and had been living on our own forever (well-- feels like it, lol)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

An Advance Happy Wedding Anniversary. It's admiring to know someone who still has all her wedding gifts intact. You're someone worth giving.
Thanks for stopping by.

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary (in advance)! :) My parents have been married for 37 years and they still use some of their wedding gifts too. :)

Tracie Nall said...

Happy anniversary. We are still using a lot of our wedding gifts too-of course, we had three weddings so there were lots of gifts :)

My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary for next week
hope you both have a lovely day
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Bonita said...

Best to you and Hubby....

Natsthename said...

Happy ANniversary! My folks just celebrated 50 years and they still have things they use from their wedding gifts, too! Amazing!

THe pyrex...do you have the bluish green ones or the pink or yellow? (My mom has a set, too!)