Saturday, September 16, 2006

2873 My new dress

I found a lovely dress yesterday in soft fall colors--moss green, brown and sort of a deep rose. A paisley type print, button front, body skimming with short sleeves. I had my husband take a photo so I could send it to my sister. We sort of look alike and have similar body types, but she's taller and prettier. . . but I'm younger. After looking at the photo, I decided I needed to go back to the store and buy a new. . . undergarment.

Someone out there is creating identical foam inserts for every woman smaller than Pamela Anderson. It is really odd to see acres and acres in every imaginable color, some with lace, some with bows, skinny straps and fat straps, bridal, strapless, sports, seamless, but identical foam shapes. After a great deal of searching, I found one in my size with no foam padding and no underwire and no gel (security checks, you know). While I was waiting in line at the cash register (are they still called that), I noticed that the tall skinny Japanese woman (about a size 0) had the exact same shape as the clerk, a short middle eastern woman who was about a size 16. Then a woman quite overweight and slightly disabled with a cane came up, and she too had the same shape. A Bahamian woman with two young children playing hide 'n seek among the nighties also had the same shape.

No comments: