Friday, September 08, 2006

2838 Friday night date

We've been going out on Friday nights probably for about 38 years. Recently it's been Rusty Bucket; before that Old Bag of Nails; but we've closed a lot of nice casual restaurants and sports bars. Schmidt's on Henderson, Gottliebs in Grandview.



Anyway, I feel too rotten with this cold to go out tonight, plus I can't taste anything. Even the cat has moved to the other bed after keeping me company the first night.

Yesterday David, our investment advisor was in the dining room with my husband (I didn't join them so as not to spread the germs), and he said, "Hmm, something smells really good." I thanked him (baked chicken with an apricot/mustard sauce), but said I couldn't smell it. For lunch today I had some of that sliced left over chicken on a piece of toast--homemade bread my son sent over. I'm sure it was fabulous. Couldn't even taste it.

2 comments:

Neoma said...

Wow, you do have a good one don't you.....

I remember once we went out for dinner on our Anniversary. We didn't go out much, so it was a big occasion. I remember they had pistacio soup. i really wanted to taste that soup, Could NOT taste one thing, everything was totally without flavor, it was a waste of money for my food. to this day I have never ever even seen any other pistacio soup on any menu.

Anonymous said...

Ugh colds! With the way the weather has been here in the U.K. there have been a loot of people with colds - I am still managing to keep it away but I know ... I just know, it's on it's way!